Green Material Pick-Up
Bay View Refuse and Recycling provides curbside green waste pickup twice a month on the same day your regular trash is collected during the scheduled green material week. Set it out before 6:00 am.
- The material must be Yard Waste Only. Trimmings, grass, leaves, flowers, pine needles, uncooked fruits, vegetables, trimmings, Christmas trees.
- Green waste may be placed in garbage cans up to 32 gallons; paper lawn bags; small tarps (one man has to be able to lift them); and branches may be tied or bundled with string. No plastic bags.
Effective April 2016, businesses must recycle their organic waste depending on how much they generate per week.AB 1826(Chesbro, Chapter 727, Statutes of 2014)phases in new organics recycling requirements over the next several years to help the state meet its goal of recycling 75% of its waste by 2020.
1. April 1, 2016:Businesses that generate eight cubic yards of organic waste per week shall arrange for organic waste recycling services.
2. January 1, 2017:Businesses that generate four cubic yards of organic waste per week shall arrange for organic waste recycling services.
3. January 1, 2019: Businesses that generate four cubic yards or more of commercial solid waste per week shall arrange for organic waste recycling services.
4. Summer/Fall 2021:If CalRecycle determines that the statewide disposal of organic waste in 2020 has not been reduced by 50 percent of the level of disposal during 2014, the organic recycling requirements on businesses will expand to cover businesses that generate two cubic yards or more of commercial solid waste per week. Additionally, certain exemptions, previously discussed, may no longer be available if this target is not met.
Note: Multifamily dwellings are not required to have a food waste diversion program.