Green Material Pick-Up
Curbside green waste pickup is provided twice a month by Bay View Refuse and Recycling, on the same day your regular trash is collected during the scheduled green material week. Set it out prior to 6:00 am.
- Material must be Yard Waste Only. Trimmings, grass, leaves, flowers, pine needles, uncooked fruits, and vegetable trimmings; Christmas trees.
- Green waste may be placed in garbage cans up to 32 gallons; paper lawn bags; small tarps (one man has to be able to lift) and branches may be tied or bundled with string. No plastic bags.
Effective April 2016, businesses will be required to recycle their organic waste depending on the amount of waste they generate per week.AB 1826(Chesbro, Chapter 727, Statutes of 2014)phases in new organics recycling requirements over the next several years to help the state meet its goal of recycling75% of its waste by 2020.
1. April 1, 2016:Businesses that generate eight cubic yards of organic waste per week shall arrange for organic waste recycling services.
2. January 1, 2017:Businesses that generate four cubic yards of organic waste per week shall arrange for organic waste recycling services.
3. January 1, 2019: Businesses that generate four cubic yards or more of commercial solid waste per week shall arrange for organic waste recycling services.
4. Summer/Fall 2021:If CalRecycle determines that the statewide disposal of organic waste in 2020 has not been reduced by 50 percent of the level of disposal during 2014, the organic recycling requirements on businesses will expand to cover businesses that generate two cubic yards or more of commercial solid waste per week. Additionally certain exemptions, previously discussed, may no longer be available if this target is not met.
Note: Multifamily dwellings are not required to have a food waste diversion program.
Green Waste Information
At the present time, KPPCSD does not have food composting service. Thus, only yard waste and incidental green waste from your garden are to be placed in the green waste pickup.