Welcome to the Kensington Police Department. The Kensington Police Department is a small, unique full-service police agency serving the close-knit Kensington community.
Kensington Police Officers perform various services, including patrol response to crimes in progress, traffic enforcement, first aid, CPR, investigations, warrant and subpoena service, and many other law enforcement duties.
The Kensington Police Department is an equal opportunity employer.
We are hiring! Please visit the Kensington Police Department employment page:
KPD is offering a $10,000 hiring bonus, take-home patrol cars, competitive salaries and much more.
Please consider joining our team!
Limited Station Hours of Operation
KPD Officers are out in the community to provide services and patrols and are not typically at the station. On the weekends, please call APD Dispatch (510-525-7573) if you need to meet with an officer at the Kensington Police Department (10940 San Pablo Ave, El Cerrito CA 94530). Regular station hours are:
- District Business Hours: Monday - Wednesday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Thursday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- After Hours/Weekends: please call APD Dispatch (510-525-7573) or contact us online.
On the KPD website, you can obtain the following services online:
- Make vacation watch requests
- Make a compliment/complaint
- Submit a traffic complaint