The following information is designed to assist Kensington residents in contacting the police department. It is an example only and is not any way meant to limit calls to only the listed incidents. Free free to contact a police services member for anything not mentioned below or general inquiries.
Emergency Calls: Dial 911
Note: Cell phone users should call (and store for easy access) 510-525-7573 to more quickly reach the dispatcher for Kensington Police and medical and fire emergencies. Calls to 911 will be directed to other agencies and may delay the response.
- Medical Emergencies
- Fires of any type
- Injury automobile accidents
- Reporting of shots fired – seen or heard
- Physical altercations
- Auto thefts in progress
- Suspicious activity
- Suspicious vehicles
- Unusual noises
- Residential and business alarms
- Vehicle alarms
- Unusual incidents
- Aggressive and/or unlicensed solicitors
- Any other life threatening/endangering activity
Non-Emergency Calls: Dial (510) 525-7573Press Release New Non-Emergency Number.pdf
Non-Emergency Information Calls: Dial (510) 526-4141
- Normal Kensington Police Protection and Community Services District business hours: Monday though Friday 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
- After-hour messages may be left for individual officer and/or staff member via automated voicemail or submitted via our Contact Form.
- Police and district business